Definition of postage currency
: a paper fractional currency bearing the facsimiles of postage stamps
Note: The most notable postage currency was the series of notes in denominations of 5, 10, 25, and 50 cents that was issued by the U.S. between August 1862 and May 1863.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?