Definition of position angle
: an angle on the celestial sphere denoting the orientation of one object or celestial body with respect to another (as the orientation of the line joining the components of a double star usually measured from north through east up to 360 degrees, or the orientation of the axis of the sun, moon, planet, satellite, or star with respect to the north direction in the sky)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?