pose asphrasal verb
posed as; posing as; poses as
Definition of pose as
: to pretend to be (someone or something) in order to deceive people She posed as a student to get free admission to the museum. undercover cops posing as drug dealers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game