Definition of population pressure
: the sum of the factors (as increase in numbers or excessive food consumption) within a population that reduce the ability of an environment to support the population and that therefore tend to result in migration and expansion of range or in extinction or decline of the population
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game