Definition of poor man's
1 —used to refer to someone (such as a performer) who is like another person in some ways but not as talented or successful a young actor who is said to be the poor man's James Dean
2 —used to refer to something that is like something else but not as expensive Pewter is the poor man's silver.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game