Definition of pond apple
1 : a small evergreen tree (Annona glabra) of southern Florida and tropical America
2 : the edible ovoid brownish yellow fruit of the pond apple
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game