Definition of polyester fiber
: a synthetic fiber consisting wholly or chiefly of a polyester especially : a quick-drying resilient fiber made in filament and staple form from ethylene glycol and terephthalic acid or its dimethyl ester and often blended with other fibers (as wool or cotton)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?