poly·ar·chy | \ -kē\
Definition of polyarchy
1 : government by many persons : control of especially political leaders by their followers — compare hierarchy
2 : a group of many kingdoms filled Europe with a colorful polyarchy of innumerable tribes— D. C. Peattie
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?