po·lo·crosse | \ ˈpōlōˌkrȯs\
Definition of polocrosse
: a goal game combining elements of polo, lacrosse, and netball played by teams of six players mounted on horseback and using a sponge rubber ball and a stick with a head like that of a crosse and a handle and shaft like those of a polo stick
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game