Definition of pole blight
: a destructive disease of undetermined cause affecting white pines and characterized by shortening of the needle-bearing stems especially in the upper crown, yellowing and shortening of the needles, abundant resin flow, and eventual death of the tree
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game