pok·kah boeng | \ ˈpäkəˌbu̇ŋ\
Definition of pokkah boeng
: a disease of sugarcane caused by an ascomycetous fungus (Gibberella frejikuroi) and marked by chlorosis and splitting of the young leaves and by rotting of the growing point
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?