poker diceplural noun
Definition of poker dice
1 : dice usually in sets of five with each one of the dice carrying on two or more of its faces the representation of a particular playing card (as the ace, king, queen, jack, ten, nine) instead of spots
2 usually singular in construction : one of several games which are played with poker dice or with regular dice and in which the object is to make and bet on winning combinations like those used in the game of poker
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game