Definition of poison bean
1 : a shrub (Daubentonia drummondii) of the family Leguminosae that is found in the southern part of the U.S. and that bears poisonous seeds
— called also rattlebush
2 : a seed of the poison bean shrub
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game