pog·a·mog·gan | \ ˌpägəˈmägən\
Definition of pogamoggan
: a club used as a weapon or ceremonial object by various American Indian peoples and usually consisting in the Great Lakes region of a flat curved club with a knobbed head and in the Plains region of a piece of stone fastened to the end of a slender stick covered with leather
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game