variants: or less commonly pod rot disease
Definition of pod rot
: a disease of cacao that produces lesions on the pods and that may be caused by either of two fungi (Diplodia theobromae or Phytophthora faberi)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?