poach on someone's territory/turfidiom
Definition of poach on someone's territory/turf
: to do something that someone else should do : to interfere in an area that another person usually controls You can't keep other candidates from poaching on your turf.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game