Recent Examples of pneumonitis from the Web
Symptoms of pneumonitis may include shortness of breath, chest pain, or new or worse cough.
Hypersensitivity pneumonitis has been referred to as bird breeder’s lung and mushroom picker’s disease in specific occupations with a risk of HP from biological dusts.
The couple suffered another blow 2 ½ years ago when Kaj Anderson was diagnosed with hypersensitivity pneumonitis with fibrosis.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'pneumonitis.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
medical Definition of pneumonitis
- … mold in damp indoor environments is associated with upper respiratory (nasal and throat) tract symptoms, cough, hypersensitivity pneumonitis in susceptible people, wheeze, and asthma symptoms …
- —Michele Melton, The Forsyth County News (Cumming, Georgia), 14 July 2013
- In one incident this year, a worker was treated for chemical pneumonitis, an inflammation of the lungs caused by chemical exposure.
- —Annette Cary, The Tri-City Herald (Kennewick, Washington), 30 Oct. 2014
- … studies have suggested that one such condition—radiation-induced pneumonitis—may occur in up to 15 percent of patients receiving radiation therapy for lung cancer.
- —John George, The Philadelphia Business Journal, 1 Oct. 2014
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up pneumonitis? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).