Pneu·mo·branchia | \ ˌn(y)üməˈbraŋkēə \
variants: or Pneumobranchiata \ -ˌbraŋkēˈätə , -ätə \
Definition of Pneumobranchia
in former classifications
: a group of terrestrial snails (suborder Rhipidoglossa) comprising those (as members of the genus Helicina) in which the gills are replaced by a respiratory sac
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game