Definition of plugboard
1 : an electrical switchboard in which connections are made by means of plugs
2 : the part of a tabulating machine in which adjustments are made that determine the place at which a card is punched or stamped
3 : a panel in a computer or other electronic equipment having a multiplicity of female connectors into which male plugs are inserted to establish electrical control circuits
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game