plow outtransitive verb
Definition of plow out
1a : to bring to the surface by or as if by plowing : plow up : turn up
b : to remove or eradicate with or as if with a plow
2 : to excavate or hollow out by plowing or by a process suggestive of plowing deep gullies plowed out by the heavy rains
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game