plow intophrasal verb
plowed into; plowing into; plows into
Definition of plow into
1 : to crash into (someone or something) usually at a high speed The car plowed into the guardrail.
2 : to invest (money, profits, etc.) in (something) The company plowed millions of dollars into research. —often + back For the first 10 years, the profits were all plowed back into the company.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/17/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game