plough a lone/lonely furrowidiom
Definition of plough a lone/lonely furrow
: to do something alone or do something that no one else will do She has had to plough a lone/lonely furrow in her pursuit of reform.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game