plough a lone/lonely furrowidiom
Definition of plough a lone/lonely furrow
: to do something alone or do something that no one else will do She has had to plough a lone/lonely furrow in her pursuit of reform.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?