plop downphrasal verb
plopped down; plopping down; plops down
Definition of plop down
1 : to sit or lie down in a heavy or careless way They plopped down on the floor. He plopped himself down in the chair.
2 : to drop or place (something or someone) in a heavy or careless way He plopped the tray down.
3 US : to pay or spend (money) I can't afford to just plop down $30 for a T-shirt. He'd already plopped a lot of money down for legal fees.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game