plonk downphrasal verb
plonked down; plonking down; plonks down
Definition of plonk down
: to sit or lie down suddenly in a careless way He plonked down beside me. She plonked herself down on the sofa.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game