plica ala·ris | \ -əˈla(a)rə̇s\
plural plicae alares\ -(ˌ)rēz \
Definition of plica alaris
: the fold of skin along the front of a bird's wing stretching from the shoulder to the wrist joint
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game