plea in confession and avoidance
Definition of plea in confession and avoidance
: a plea admitting that the plaintiff once had a good cause of action as alleged but that it is barred by some subsequent or collateral matter pleaded in defense (as a repeal of the statute on which the cause of action is founded)
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game