Definition of plate valve
: an automatic valve in which a lightweight thin disk, strip, or ribbon is constrained to move between the valve seat and valve cover according to variations in fluid pressure on its sides
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game