Definition of plastic art
1 : art (such as sculpture or bas-relief) characterized by modeling : three-dimensional art
2 : visual art (such as painting, sculpture, or film) especially as distinguished from art that is written (such as poetry or music) —often used in plural
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game