plaster groundsplural noun
Definition of plaster grounds
: wood strips attached to a wall along the base and around windows, doors, or other openings to serve as guides for the plasterer and sometimes as nailing strips for the wood trim
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?