Definition of pirate perch
: a small fish (Aphredoderus sayanus) of sluggish streams from New Jersey and Minnesota southward that is remarkable for having the vent in front of the pelvic fins and with the trout perches forms the order Salmopercae
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game