Definition of pipestem
1 : something like the stem of a tobacco pipe specifically : a very thin arm or leg
2 : any of several slender-stemmed plants: such as
a : fetterbush
b or less commonly pipestem clematis : a clematis (Clematis lasiantha) of California
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?