Definition of pinrail
: a rail or strip fitted with pins or for holding pins: such as
a : a rail that holds belaying pins especially : one along the bulwarks
b : a beam at one side of a theater stage through which wooden or metal pins are driven and to which lines from the flies are fastened
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game