Definition of pinrail
: a rail or strip fitted with pins or for holding pins: such as
a : a rail that holds belaying pins especially : one along the bulwarks
b : a beam at one side of a theater stage through which wooden or metal pins are driven and to which lines from the flies are fastened
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game