variants: or Pinot
plural pinots or Pinots
Definition of pinot
1 : any of several purple or white vinifera grapes used for wine-making
2 : a wine made from pinot grapes especially : pinot noir Initial tastings of the 2007 Pinots suggest that it is a very good vintage. — Daniel Sogg
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?