variants: or Pinot
plural pinots or Pinots
Definition of pinot
1 : any of several purple or white vinifera grapes used for wine-making
2 : a wine made from pinot grapes especially : pinot noir Initial tastings of the 2007 Pinots suggest that it is a very good vintage. — Daniel Sogg
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game