variants: or less commonly pine bullfinch
Definition of pine grosbeak
: a large grosbeak (Pinicola enucleator) of coniferous forests of northern America, Europe, and Asia that is chiefly gray with the crown, rump, and breast strongly suffused with rosy red in the adult male and yellow in the female
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game