Definition of pinch effect
: the tendency of a linear solid or fluid electrical conductor (as a rod or a column of ionized gas) to be compressed due to the action of its own magnetic field
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game