pile onphrasal verb
piled on; piling on; piles on
Definition of pile on
: to join other people in criticizing something or someone in usually an unfair way After the first few negative reviews, all the other critics started piling on.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game