pile inphrasal verb
piled in; piling in; piles in
Definition of pile in
of a group of people, animals, etc.
: to move into a place or vehicle quickly She parked the van and we all piled in.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game