pigs might flyidiom
Definition of pigs might fly
—used as a response to something that seems unlikely to happen "This time I think he'll ask me to marry him!" "Yeah, and pigs might fly."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game