Definition of pigeon pox
: a virus disease of pigeons which is closely related to fowl pox and the virus of which is often used to produce a vaccine against fowl pox that is safer though less lastingly effective than that prepared with fowl pox virus
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game