variants: or pig-tailed macaque or pig-tailed monkey
Definition of pig-tailed ape
: a macaque (Macaca nemestrina) of the Malay peninsula and the East Indies with a short slender tail which is held in the shape of a letter S when the animal is excited
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game