piece of the puzzlenoun phrase
Definition of piece of the puzzle
: part of the solution to a question or problem Researchers are close to finding a solution, but they haven't found the final pieces of the puzzle. The restaurant is trying to attract more customers, and the new menu is an important piece of the puzzle.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?