piece of the puzzlenoun phrase
Definition of piece of the puzzle
: part of the solution to a question or problem Researchers are close to finding a solution, but they haven't found the final pieces of the puzzle. The restaurant is trying to attract more customers, and the new menu is an important piece of the puzzle.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game