variants: or less commonly piggyback plant \ ˈ⸗⸗ˌ⸗- \
Definition of pickaback plant
: a glandular pubescent perennial herb (Tolmiea menziesii) of the family Saxifragaceae that is native to western North America, has young plants borne at the junction of leaf blade and petiole, and is used as a foliage plant
— called also youth-on-age
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game