pick/choose your poisonidiom
Definition of pick/choose your poison
—used to say that someone has to make a choice between two unpleasant choices Hiring a carpenter is expensive and doing it yourself is slow. Pick/Choose your poison.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game