pick oneself upidiom
Definition of pick oneself up
1 : to stand up again after falling I fell to the ground but picked myself up and continued running.
2 : to recover from a difficult situation After his divorce, he picked himself up and started looking for love again.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?