phy·ma·tot·ri·chum | \ ˌfīməˈtä‧trə̇kəm\
Definition of phymatotrichum
1 capitalized : a genus of imperfect fungi (order Moniliales) including a species (P. omnivorum) that causes cotton root rot and similar rots of various other plants
2 plural -s : any fungus of the genus Phymatotrichum
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?