phos·gen·ite | \ ˈfäzˌjēˌnīt, -jəˌn-\
Definition of phosgenite
: a mineral Pb2Cl2CO2 consisting of lead chloroformate occurring in tetragonal crystals of a white, yellow, or grayish color and adamantine luster (hardness 3, specific gravity 6.0–6.3)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?