phlo·mis | \ ˈflōmə̇s\
Definition of phlomis
1 capitalized : a genus of Old World mints having rugose often woolly leaves and whorls of white, yellow, or purple flowers with bilabiate corolla
2 plural -es : a plant of the genus Phlomis
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?