phil·lips·ite | \ ˈfilə̇pˌsīt\
Definition of phillipsite
: a white or reddish mineral approximately (K2,Na2,Ca)Al2Si4O12.4¹/₂ H2O consisting of a hydrous silicate of potassium, calcium, and aluminum, belonging to the zeolite family, and commonly occurring in complex often cruciform crystals (hardness 4–4.5, specific gravity 2.2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?