phil·ip·stad·ite | \ ˈfilə̇pˌstäˌdīt \
Definition of philipstadite
: a mineral approximately Ca2(Fe, Mg)5(Si, Al)8O22(OH)2 consisting of silicate of calcium, iron, magnesium, and aluminum and belonging to the amphibole group
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game